Hosted by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the Program Support Center (PSC) is the largest multi-function shared service provider to the Federal government. PSC provides its customers support services focused on their needs—so they can focus on their core missions.
Established 20 years ago to reduce HHS’s annual spending and to increase the quality of its administrative services, PSC offers over 40 services to HHS and other Federal agencies. PSC operates on a competitive fee-for-service basis in five key markets: administrative operations, real estate and logistics, financial management, occupational health, and procurement management.
It creates value most organizations cannot attain independently and explores new options for services to meet market demands and to ensure that customers are meeting their most pressing needs.
PSC provides the functions needed to keep government agencies operating a range of services from managing Federal employee health clinics to delivering mail; from digital archiving to negotiating contracts; and from financial reporting to storing and distributing medical supplies. Shared services can:
- Enable labor to focus on critical missions, rather than administrative activities.
- Provide services immediately by eliminating delays associated with hiring FTEs or contract sourcing.
- Ease of engagement using Federal Interagency Agreements (IAAs).
- Gain volume discounts for similar services, products or activities.
- Access existing contract vehicles to both expedite acquisition and reduce acquisition cost and strategic sourcing.
- Gain economies of scale and skill.
- Access to subject matter expertise.
- Access to insights, lessons learned and best practices of other Federal agencies also working with shared service providers.
For more information, Program Support Center.